Residential Garbage & Trash Collection
All residential garbage must be placed out by 7 am on the day of service (collection schedule). The Solid Waste Division provides the following residential collection services:
- Once per week garbage collection
- Twice per month heavy trash collection (every other week pick- up)
Bulk Trash Collection
Heavy trash is collected every two weeks and the service is limited to single-family residential customers. Heavy trash from any other entity must be transported to the landfill.
Heavy trash includes:
- Large yard waste/vegetation (limbs and branches up to four feet long or cut to four foot lengths)
- Tree trunks larger than 12 inches in diameter must be cut to a maximum two foot length
- Furniture and mattresses
- Appliances and miscellaneous heavy debris
- A maximum of four tires per year
- Construction sites
- Vacant lots
Tips for the Best Collection Service
- Garbage containers must be placed curb side by 7 am on collection day and removed from the curb by 8 pm on the same day. Residents should not leave containers at the curb overnight following collection day.
- All garbage other than heavy trash items (old furniture, household furnishings, yard waste, etc.) must be placed inside your 96-gallon container for pick-up. Waste that is outside the container will not be collected, and could result in a ticket and fine.
- Items which could be reused should be donated to charity or other organizations whenever possible.
- We suggest that you don't place odor-producing garbage, such as seafood waste, meats and old foods, in your 96-gallon container before collection day. If possible, refrigerate or freeze these items, then place in the container on collection day.