Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
ELIGIBILITY: Both landlords and tenants may apply. Tenant households must meet the following eligibility guidelines:
1. One, or more, individuals within the household has qualified for unemployment benefits or experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship due directly or indirectly to the COVID-19 pandemic, or
2. One or more individuals within the household can demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness/housing instability, or
3. The household has an income at or below 80% of area median income (see income limits below).
1. Texas Driver’s License or Picture ID, Passport, Voter registration card, Military ID. Documentation must show residency in Jefferson County and not be expired.
2. Income Documents for all household members over the age of 18 (Applications providing documents from sections a., b., c., d., or e., will be granted priority):
a. Check stubs from an employer for the previous 30 days from the application date, or
b. 2020 Tax Return (IRS form 1040), or
c. W2, or
d. Unemployment benefits letter (Reflecting the weekly amount being received), or
e. Social Security, Pensions, or Retirement award letter, or
f. Self-declaration document for household members declaring zero income.
3. Eviction Notice or Rental Agreement (For those requesting assistance with rent) Attach a copy of the following 5 pages of rent/lease agreement:
a. Page showing address and tenants that reside at a set location.
b. Page showing what the obligated monthly rent amount is.
c. Page showing tenant and complex representative signatures.
d. Contact information for property owner/manager
4. Current copy of utility bills (for those requesting utility assistance)
LANDLORD REQUIREMENTS: The landlord must provide:
1. Billing Certification (found at the online portal),
2. Vendor Debarment Form (found at the online portal), and
Emergency Rental Assistance Flyer
Emergency Rental Assistance Flyer-Spanish
Emergency Rental Assistance Eligibility
Emergency Rental Assistance Eligibility-Spanish
www.portarthurtx.gov is a Trusted Site