The Port Arthur City Council met at 9:30 AM for a Regular meeting on January 11, 2022, in City Hall Council Chambers. Among the business discussed, Employees from Finance, Human Resources, and Public Works made presentations regarding the November Financial Report, Employment Vacancies, and Residential Garbage Collection.
- P. R. No. 22266 — A Resolution Authorizing Revisions To The City's Homebuyer Assistance Program Guidelines For Homebuyer Activities
- P. R. No. 22314 — A Resolution Authorizing The City Manager To Extend The Contract With Catholic Charities Of Southeast Texas For The Covid-19 Utility Assistance Program For Three ( 3) Additional Months For A New Contract Expiration Date Of April 18, 2022 With No Additional Funding Requirements
Solutions for the Garbage Collection Issues included:
- A temporary change in the work schedule from a 4-day collection schedule to a 6- or even 7-day schedule if landfill use is approved by TCEQ.
- A sanitation company will be under contract to collect garbage for Sabine Pass and Pleasure Island.
- Citizens are to leave toters out this week, only, if their garbage has not been collected; Solid Waste has five (5) trucks working, and plan to have up to seven working by week's end. Mayor Bartie encourages all to roll toters out of the street when garbage has been emptied.
More information may be obtained by visiting this link.
www.portarthurtx.gov is a Trusted Site