Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Port Arthur City Council met at 5:30 PM for a Regular meeting on August 2, 2022, in City Hall Council Chambers. Among the business discussed, a call for improving safety measures in a HUD-controlled housing complex, the City's Take-home Vehicle policy, and the renaming of streets, and the Municipal Court Building.
(1) Bonita Green Regarding O. W. Collins Apartments
(2) Ronald Lyons Regarding Racial Profiling And Destruction Of Property
(3) Jace Garrett Regarding Disinfecting, Sanitizing, Deodorizing Trash Bins For The City
(4) Eddie Scaggs Regarding Majority System/Plurality System
(5) Harold Doucet, Sr. Regarding Rules Of Decorum
(1) Discussion Regarding Use Of City Vehicles Including Take Home Policies (Requested By Councilmember Kinlaw)
(2) Discussion Regarding The Renaming Portions of Bluebonnet Avenue And Grannis Avenue (Requested By Councilmember Janes)
(3) Discussion Regarding Renaming the Municipal Court Building To Judge Kermit Morrison (Requested By Councilmember Janes)
REPORTS/ ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST
Condolences offered to the family of our fallen em[ployee, Mr. James Addison, who worked in Public Works. Special condolences given to LaMonica Martin-Addison, who is the wife of James and a City of Port Arthur employee.
Watch the recorded video by clicking this link.
View the City Council Regular Meeting Agenda Items - August 2, 2022
Link to Special Meeting Agenda Items - August 2, 2022
www.portarthurtx.gov is a Trusted Site