Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The City of Port Arthur Health Department is working closely with DSHS (Department of State health Services) in monitoring the developing outbreak of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) in the state of Texas. There have been several confirmed cases in the state of Texas, but no confirmed cases in this area as of today. The risk to senior citizens is still significant, therefore, if you are over the age of 65 and/or if you are immunocompromised, or have any underlying medical conditions, you should avoid crowds or mass gatherings as you may be at a higher risk of contracting Coronavirus if exposed. The signs and symptoms of Coronavirus include fever, cough and shortness of breath. If you have traveled to an area where there are confirmed cases of Coronavirus, contact your health care provider or the health department for further guidance. If you have not traveled to an area where cases are confirmed and have not had contact with a confirmed case and you still have symptoms, please call your health care provider or the health department for further guidance.
The Health Department will continue to stress the need to:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
If there are any questions please call (409) 983-8848, (409) 983-8832, or (409) 983-8862.
EL DEPARTAMENTO DE SALUD DE PORT ARTHUR
SỞ Y TẾ CỦA THÀNH PHỐ PORT ARTHUR
The City of Port Arthur regularly monitors updates with the federal, state, and our local health agencies to provide the most accurate and current information. Please navigate to the Center for Disease Control website for the latest details:
The First Positive Test Result for COVID-19 (Coronavirus) has been detected in Texas. The City of Port Arthur Health Department wanted to share the information that was received on March 4, 2020, from the Texas Department of State Health Services. Read the whole article by clicking on this link: