Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
May 18, 2020
***Please read the attached notice from the Port Arthur Health Department regarding Coronavirus cases in Port Arthur, Texas, for May 16, 2020.
*** This case was inadvertently omitted from the posting for Saturday May 16, 2020.
Please note that Port Arthur’s cases of positive COVID-19 are climbing. It is urgent that we citizens remain safe, and also protect those around us. If you are able to stay home safely, please do so. This disease is being studied by the CDC, and the data is changing almost daily; there is no vaccine as of this date. Please practice social distancing guidelines and be respectful of yourself and the most vulnerable in our community.
PLEASE ADHERE TO THE STAY AT HOME ORDERS ISSUED BY THE CITY OF PORT ARTHUR AND BY JEFFERSON COUNTY.
Today, May 16, 2020 the City of Port Arthur Health Department received confirmation of one (1) additional Port Arthur resident who has tested positive for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). This individual is a male between the age range of 55-60 and is quarantined at home and cooperating with local health officials.
For confidentiality purposes, the PAHD is not releasing any additional information to identify this individual. This brings the total to fifty-eight (58) individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the City of Port Arthur.
These are steps you can take to keep you and your loved ones protected:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home if you are sick.
• Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash. If tissues are not available, cough and sneeze into your elbow. Do not cough and sneeze into your hands.
• Frequently clean and disinfect objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• Get a flu shot. The flu vaccine does not offer protection against COVID-19, but it is also flu season.
Call the COVID-19 hotline at (409) 550-2536 or your healthcare provider if you are experiencing fever, cough or shortness of breath or if you just want to be tested.
NOTICE FROM THE PA HEALTH DEPARTMENT- Port Arthur, TX for May 16, 2020
www.portarthurtx.gov is a Trusted Site