The Port Arthur Health Department is accepting applications for Temporary Food and Beverage Permits during the 2018 Mardi Gras festivities. The event is scheduled to kick off on Thursday, February 08, 2018, and end on Sunday, February 11, 2018. Please visit the www.mardigrasportarthur.com for a detailed schedule of events.
Self Inspection Checklist:
- Obtained permission from the property owner( information attached)
- Booths constructed from approved materials
- Food not prepared at home
- Food listed on application only
- Hair restraints/disposable gloves
- Equipment can maintain hot foods at 135◦F, cold foods at 41◦F
- Ice, water & food from an approved source
- Metal stem thermometer
- Food not stored directly on ground
- Food & equipment protected from contamination
- Handwashing station
- Three-compartment sink setup
To coordinate permitting please contact Lacy Brown 409-983-8807.