How do I connect, transfer or disconnect my service?

If you do not currently have active service in your name with City of Port Arthur Water Utilities, we require the following documentation: 

  • Picture ID (driver’s license), 
  • Proof of the address you want to connect (lease or contract) 
  • A copy of your social security card

Customers may come into the office* at 444 4th Street, or fill out the online application. You will be required to upload documentation when applying online. A non-refundable connection fee is due to connect water service. If applying in the office, the fee is due when you come in to request the service. If applying online, a representative from customer service will contact you (using the contact information you provide) with instructions on paying the connection fee prior to service connection. 

*Please be advised that COVID guidelines are being followed for entry and doing business with the City of Port Arthur. 

Show All Answers

1. I have a question concerning my water bill, turning my water on/off or a question about moving my water service to a new address.
2. I pay property taxes to the city every year. Why is water not included in this?
3. How do I connect, transfer or disconnect my service?
4. How soon can I get my water connected?
5. Why should I call to cancel my service if someone else is moving in when I am moving out?
6. Why do I see fire hydrants open and water running on the ground?
7. What is pretreatment?
8. What are the duties of a pretreatment inspector?
9. What is a grease trap/grease interceptor?
10. What is the difference between a grease trap and a grease interceptor?
11. When is a grease trap/interceptor required?
12. How do I dispose of grease trap waste?
13. Who do I talk to about pretreatment?