How do I change the zoning on my property?

An application for a rezoning request will need to be submitted to the Planning and Zoning Division. Complete the application and return it to staff with the required information as listed. A complete and executed application, with supporting documents, must be submitted to the Planning Department, where the information will be reviewed and included on the agenda for the City’s Planning and Zoning Commission for consideration. It will then be forwarded to City Council for consideration and action. The City Council is the final approving authority for rezoning requests.

Show All Answers

1. What is the purpose of a replat?
2. What is the purpose of zoning?
3. How do I check the zoning of a piece of property?
4. How do I find out what uses are allowed in each zoning district?
5. Does the City enforce deed restrictions?
6. What if the zoning district does not allow my proposed use?
7. How do I change the zoning on my property?
8. What is a zoning verification letter and how do I get one?
9. What are variances?
10. What are the building setbacks for my property?
11. How do I measure a setback?
12. Who assigns a street address?
13. May I move a mobile home or manufactured home into the City of Port Arthur?
14. What is a Pre-Development Meeting?
15. Who attends the Pre-Development Meeting?
16. How do I schedule a Pre-Development Meeting?